Bridging finance for commercial property
Commercial bridging loans are a short-term secured loan where the security offered by a borrower is either commercial or semi-commercial premises.
We’ll be your trusted advisors; an extension of your team working to find you the fastest, best value for money bridging loans to get your commercial project moving in the right direction.
- Borrow from £125,000 to £15 million
- Get your funds in as little as 48 hours
- A more adaptable and flexible approach than commercial mortgages
Everything you need to know about commercial bridging loans can be found here.
Ready to get started? Get your quote today.
Sole traders, corporate, overseas and trust borrowers looking to purchase/refinance property in England, Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland. We also have funding for Ireland.
Up to 70% loan to value
|No upper limit – subject to underwriter review|
|£125,000 – £15 million|
|From 1 month – 3 years|
|Monthly serviced or rolled up|
|From 0.75% per month|
|First or second charge registered against a property/site|
Speed of decision
|Quote within 10 minutes of enquiry, credit backed decision the same day|
Timing of cash
|Can be funded as quickly as 48 hours, but normally in under 10 working days|
|Online enquiry, call, postal applications or face to face meeting|
Reliably fund your commercial project
By working with us, you’re gaining access to over 30 years of bridging loan experience. We’ll get under the skin of your business, giving us the knowledge required to approach the right lenders and secure you a fully tailored bridging loan for your needs.
Commercial bridging loans are perfect for:
- Commercial property – including but not limited to business parks, care homes, factories, guest houses, hotels, industrial units, offices, professional Practices, pubs and bars, restaurants, a retail unit, places of worship, and warehouses you own.
- Mixed-use property – use a semi-commercial bridging loan for property where less than 40% of available space is used for commercial purposes.
- Unmortgageable property – commercial or mixed-use property whose condition is so poor that no standard mortgage could be secured on it (including no bathroom, no kitchen, derelict, and non-standard builds).
- Greenfield/brownfield land (with or without planning permission) – for commercial, industrial, or trading estates.
- Auction property – fund the deposit or outright purchase (including auction fees) of commercial and semi-commercial property (once you have secured your purchase at auction).
Ready to apply for your commercial bridging loan?
What our customers say
These testimonials are based on individual
circumstances and cannot be taken as a guide or advice.
“We were unable to get a loan anywhere. Nobody would fund building the house. We then approached Andrew who was unbelievably helpful. He was the only person who would even entertain the idea of trying to help”.
- Peter Tillet
“Andrews nature and experience allowed for him to cut through some problems that we found with the other professionals. IE the solicitors and the banks”.
- Alan Overton
For regulated bridging loans the typical APR is 14.60% based on a loan size of £250,000 and fixed for 12 months, regulated bridging loans are for a maximum term of 12 months.
Our trusted lenders
COMMERCIAL AND DEVELOPMENT BRIDGING LOANS ARE NOT REGULATED BY THE FINANCIAL CONDUCT AUTHORITY. YOUR HOME MAY BE REPOSSESSED IF YOU DO NOT KEEP UP PAYMENTS ON YOUR MORTGAGE. THINK CAREFULLY BEFORE SECURING OTHER DEBTS AGAINST YOUR HOME.CHECK THAT THIS MORTGAGE WILL MEET YOUR NEEDS IF YOU WANT TO MOVE OR SELL YOUR HOME OR YOU WANT YOUR FAMILY TO INHERIT IT. IF YOU ARE IN ANY DOUBT, SEEK INDEPENDENT ADVICE.
We are a credit broker, not a lender. We may receive commissions that will vary depending on the lender, product, or other permissible factors. The nature of any commission model will be confirmed to you before you proceed.
Why use commercial bridging loans?
Commercial bridging loans are a short term secured loan where the security offered by a borrower is either commercial or semi-commercial premises.
Bridging lenders offer a far more adaptable and flexible approach to borrowers than commercial and semi-commercial mortgage providers. You can borrow over as little as 30 days right up to 36 months with interest charged daily.
Unlike when applying for commercial and semi-commercial mortgages, where it can take up to 3 months to receive funding, we aim to provide our borrowers with the finance they need in as little as 48 hours, but some commercial bridge loans can take 10 days to agree.
Bridging loan myths
- Bridging loans are last resorts – no! Bridging loans are flexible, convenient and accessible funding.
- Bridging loans are always risky – no! However, there is still risk associated with any loan. We recommend taking advice on exit strategies from an FCA regulated and Cemap Qualified Broker.
- Bridging loans are expensive – no! Only when they are not repaid in full and on time.
Can I get a bridging loan with poor credit?
Rapid Bridging’s lenders are able to lend to those applicants that have a poor credit history, including those with arrears, bankruptcies, CCJs, defaults, IVAs, response orders, statutory demands, winding up orders and more.
In these cases, lenders will often require borrowers to provide a wider range of exit strategies because of the concern that they will be unable to obtain the finance necessary to repay the loan. Please do not be put off from applying – we have years of experience helping clients with poor credit ratings find the funding they need.
Commercial bridging loans are great for:
Retail units and warehouses
Land with or without planning
Restaurants and cafés
Industrial units and factories
Settle insolvency matters
Nursing and care homes
Hotels and public houses
The relationships we build with our customers are incredibly important to us. Hear what they have to say, and learn why people across the UK rely on Rapid Bridging time and time again.
“Without Andrew, I would’ve lost the property. This would’ve caused no end of issues not just personally but for my business as well. Without Andrew and these services, I would’ve lost everything”
“Rapid by name and their services!
We were wanting a fast turn around on a bridging loan and Andrew made that possible with his professionalism that we found to be excellent. Nothing was too much trouble for him, he was a pleasure to deal with, we would highly recommend him and use Rapid Bridging Finance again if needed”
GEOFFREY MCKILLOP & SUSAN ELLIS
"Andrews nature and experience allowed for him to cut through some problems that we found with the other professionals. IE the solicitors and the banks"
“Would definitely recommend. Seamless transition and easy to deal with”